Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Seven (Sat – Aug 27)

It was a full day today. The main thing was packing up camp from Bogachiel campground and driving along the coast to Fort Stevens State Park campground. We stopped along the way to Ruby beach along the coast in Washington. The children loved playing on the logs and collecting shells and smooth pieces of driftwood. I collected some sand for my collection. I need to make sure to label it though. I’ve collected before but I don’t recall were the sand came from, so if I’m going to collect it, it has to be labeled.

For dinner we drove back to Astoria, about 20 minutes from the campground, and ate at the Pig’n Pancake. The tortellini soup was great and everyone loved the fish and chips. I ordered the clam chowder which I sent back and the salmon which turned out well. It was not the best salmon I’ve ever had but for a pancake house it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment